Late Valentine's Day post....possibly due to major sugar overload recovery!
The girls sure enjoyed all of it!
However I am not missing the daily fight over who gets the pink heart plate, finding the leftover Valentine stickers placed randomly on the walls throughout our house and the super sugar low that followed the long week of indulgence! Jared and I celebrated Valentine's Day earlier in the week with a dinner for 2 at Logan's and free babysitting from Papa. Then on the weekend our ward had an Adult Valentine's Dinner. It was a little chilly outside but we enjoyed the conversations around the fire pit and we won't forget the baked potato and horseradish mix-up!
We started our day out with pink whole wheat pancakes, lots of treats in between and finished up with the fun heart shaped meatloaf. Not sure if it was a sign when it came out cracked straight down the middle. However my heart wasn't broken when Jared and girls suprised me with homemade Valentine cards and balloons. They even sent me on a treasure hunt to find them out in the shed. The girls were so excited and spent quite a few hours in the garage with Dad painting and putting everything together!
The girls and I made Dad some yummy heart shaped Scotcharoo's!
For Family Night we decided to heart attack Jared's little sister Mishaun since her hubby is out training in Virginia before he is depoloyed to Iraq in a few weeks.
Cassidy loved her Valentine's Party at Preschool. Why does it feel like you are required to have candy with your Valentine these days? Isn't the cute cards enough anymore? Some of my most favorite memories of Valentines were back in the school days. I would spend hours making my Valentine mailbox, then a few more picking out the perfect card to give to everyone in my class, trying to make sure it wasn't too obvious to the boys I really liked!! This boy is the one I like these days.....and I sure hope it is obvious that he knows how much I love him!
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Valentine! To my Lover, Little Lover, Littlest Lover and Little Buddy.......XOXOXOX
Friday, February 18, 2011
L.O.V.E
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment