On Thursday Merrick woke up around 2 AM crying. I pulled him out of the bassinett and his little hands were freezing....and then I realize I am freezing. I checked the thermostat...59 degrees! The heater shut off again. It was like deja-vu all over again. Last November on the coldest night of the year the same incident happened. We called the Heater Company and 3 visits and almost $3000 later, we were warm and cozy again. I woke up Jared and told him the bad news! We decided to move the girls into our bed to keep them warm. We stayed warm but I don't think any of us slept with all 5 of us in bed. It didn't help that McKenzie and Jared both had bad colds, Cassidy and I had just gotten over ours and Merrick started coughing too! We slept in until 8 am. No one wanted to be the first one out of bed! I decided I better atleast call the Heater guys and maybe borrow some space heaters from Jared's parents. Luckily his Mom was headed our way that morning. She brought us heaters and blankets to keep us warm until the Heater guy came. A few hours later we were up and running again with warm air! Luckily he just filled up the freon and it kicked on. I was expecting the worst....$7000 for a new unit, which still might be the case, but we'll cross our fingers. The weather has been crazy around the world. Some of the worst storms in history. I've even seen ice on the sidewalks with icesicles hanging of fountains here in Arizona. People are snowed in and have lost electricity everywhere else! I guess I shouldn't complain about only being without heat in 40 degree weather. Saturday, February 5, 2011
Freezing
On Thursday Merrick woke up around 2 AM crying. I pulled him out of the bassinett and his little hands were freezing....and then I realize I am freezing. I checked the thermostat...59 degrees! The heater shut off again. It was like deja-vu all over again. Last November on the coldest night of the year the same incident happened. We called the Heater Company and 3 visits and almost $3000 later, we were warm and cozy again. I woke up Jared and told him the bad news! We decided to move the girls into our bed to keep them warm. We stayed warm but I don't think any of us slept with all 5 of us in bed. It didn't help that McKenzie and Jared both had bad colds, Cassidy and I had just gotten over ours and Merrick started coughing too! We slept in until 8 am. No one wanted to be the first one out of bed! I decided I better atleast call the Heater guys and maybe borrow some space heaters from Jared's parents. Luckily his Mom was headed our way that morning. She brought us heaters and blankets to keep us warm until the Heater guy came. A few hours later we were up and running again with warm air! Luckily he just filled up the freon and it kicked on. I was expecting the worst....$7000 for a new unit, which still might be the case, but we'll cross our fingers. The weather has been crazy around the world. Some of the worst storms in history. I've even seen ice on the sidewalks with icesicles hanging of fountains here in Arizona. People are snowed in and have lost electricity everywhere else! I guess I shouldn't complain about only being without heat in 40 degree weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment