Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Catchin up!

Well things have changed quite a bit around here. Jared started back to ASU last week. That means lots of lonely nights without Daddy!Thank goodness this is his last year. I can't believe he will be graduating with his MBA in May! Good Luck this semester Daddy!


I am currently working 1/2 day cleaning teeth still. It's great to just keep my foot in the door and pick and choose my own hours. After almost 3 years of calling I finally had to give up scheduling appointments for Jared's Dad's business. It was a nice job to do at home but got progressively harder as both the girls are needing me more. Luckily I was able to pass it on to a really good friend who could take over for me and do a good job. I have the greatest father-in-law/boss in the entire world and it was so hard to quit because he does so much for us. I don't think I ever really did it for the money but more to help him for all he does for us!


Since I haven't been calling or working as much I absolutley love all the free time I can spend with the girls. It is so much fun now that they are playing together nicely.....well most the time anyway. This is what happens when McKenzie doesn't want to play, she ends up getting dragged down the hall to the playroom. Cassidy has been quite a handful lately. She still continues her obsession with covering her body with stickers, or other things that stick! She still continues to line up all her little treasures in a row. Lately she has developed a new obsession, Painting! No she does not use the usual paint brush, but has discovered that lotion, toothpaste, Desitin, lip gloss, hand sanitizer, nail polish, soap, water, and anything else remotely liquid work just as well with her finger! Yes they have all been spilled more than once on the carpet or smeared over the furniture, walls and McKenzie! Everyone keeps telling me that she just has a very creative mind but I think she's just more mischevious. Needless to say our carpet is ruined and there are childproof knobs on closets containing any liquid items! No pictures were taken due to the nature that Mom was really ticked off each time she found a new piece of artwork!!!!
We have also been finally cracking down with the potty training. Cassidy has been going potty now for almost a year, but mostly on her terms. So I decided now that summer is over and we are home I would start. She has been doing great! These yummy chocolate chips and My Little Pony have been great incentives. She stays dry through the night and does her business all by herself. She gets the biggest grin on her face everytime she hears herself tinkle! We have had a few accidents when I put her panties or shorts on. Hopefully this will get better with time, but for now most of the day she stays commando under her long T-shirts and dresses!

Monday we had a fun play date with some kids in the ward. We swap houses every few weeks and this time it was our turn. Cassidy had so much fun and all of these kids got along the entire time. I loved watching the girls get in the dress up trunk right away and put on their tutu's. I think this is the first time Cassidy put a tutu on willingly! Maybe she won't turn out to be such a tomboy afterall! She loves playing with her friends! Even the boys didn't mind playing with all the girly toys! McKenzie joined in on the fun too! This little stink, McKenzie, took her first steps 2 weeks ago. Her favorite time is at night after bathtime. She starts walking all over our bed while we put her PJ's on. It's a much softer landing and she just giggles the entire time!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Cute post and great pictures to go with it! Sounds like you were busy busy busy but even with one less job you are still probably busy busy busy!

Liz said...

I laughed so hard when I saw a few of those pictures!! I'm sure both girls will be happy that you snapped a pcitre of them.

Nicole said...

I love the "sticker" picture of Cassidy! That is a classic!! Good luck to Jared on his last year of his MBA! Lovin the play group!! Brook had lots of fun at your house!

Marie Lefler said...

Love the sticker pad picture. But I was a little thrown off with the chocolate chip picture, especially because it was right after the potty picture. I thought maybe you were showing off your accomplishments, so to speak. Hahaha, funny I know. Don't worry, read the rest of it and I am not completely grossed out anymore.

Nate&Bobbi said...

Funny!!! I love the picture of Cassidy with panty liners all over her. Thanks for letting us stay at your house last minute. It was a much shorter drive than Pioria aka "the middle of nowhere". Well hope to see you sooner than later. Aren't you coming to SLC sometime soon? You can stay with us if you are.

The Baker Family said...

Those pictures are adorable! Way to go to capture those fun moments. It was great to see you guys last weekend. Your so much fun to be around. Maybe next time we can all get together to play games and just relax and hang out.

The Shumway Family said...

That picture of Cassidy is so so funny. Perfect for her wedding video.

salena said...

Hey Heidi!

Bastien had so much fun at your house, he kept telling me you had a "REAL little vacuum!"

See you at our house Monday! :)

The Oldroyd's said...

So cute. I LOVE the dragging picture that is so funny. That happens a lot in our house too. Your girls are so cute. Good luck on the potty training. It is a lot of work, but so worth it. We did a lot of incentives too. What a cute family you have.