Thursday, August 20, 2009

Congratulations Danielle & Richie!

Congratulations Richie and Danielle! My youngest sister Danielle got married this past Saturday August 15th to Richard Miles. It was quite an eventful weekend. My Mom came down last Monday to start making the cake and get things put together. It just so happened that my stove caught on fire Sunday afternoon. Of course the day before Mom comes to use it all week long!!! Luckily Spencers had one ready to go and pick up Monday afternoon for Mom to start baking that night. It was fun spending all week with her. The girls loved having Grandma here to play. Cassidy especially loved helping Grandma bake! Grandma learned quickly not to turn her back for a second with Cassidy's help, thank goodness she only had to redo one of the cakes. The rest of my family drove in Thursday night to stay. My Grandpa Vandertoolen and Aunt Brenda's family also drove in from Salt Lake. We woke up early Friday and took a bunch of family to the lake. We had a lot of fun on the tube and the guys stayed later to wakeboard. Bailey and Cassidy even got out on the tube. It was so much fun. We were worried about getting burnt for the wedding but we lathered up really good with sun screen. Later Friday afternoon we headed down to the church to start setting up. I thought it wasn't going to come together but Jared's parents came to save the day. Kelly brought some lights to hang and helped string the lantern balls. They were able to get a gazebo to put up in the front and Linda helped out in the kitchen during the whole wedding. I have the best in-laws in the world. They are so great!!! Aunt Brenda came especially to do the wedding cake, though she probably wishes she never came cause it was just a disaster from step one. She stayed up until 3 am trying to get this frosting to work in this heat and the cakes just kept crumbling, one of them didn't even get baked all the way through.... but she pulled it off and it turned out great. The chocolate cake was amazing and we've been finishing it off here for days! My Aunt Karalee did all the flower arrangements and they were gorgeous! The only other disaster was the meat. My Mom had bought all this tri-tip steak and put it in these huge roaster pans at my house Friday while we were setting up. Apparently they had cooked half way and then the circuit blew and they turned off. My Mom woke up bright and early the day of the wedding and starting cooking the meat all day and it worked out fine. I think my Mom was a little stressed out. She said this was the last wedding she was going to do....but she said that after all of ours, thank goodness all of us girls are married and no one is left! Somehow I got designated to take the pictures. Half way through I traded with my sister Wendi so I could actually enjoy the wedding too! Grandpa got everything on tape too!Right before the ceremony..... Here we go!Cassidy thought she was a flower girl just like her cousin Bailey!You may now kiss the bride!A few weeks later Bobbi told everyone that she was expecting again. She is due in the middle of April with her 2nd baby! She didn't want to rain on Danielle's parade but we all knew anyway!Nate, Jackson and Bobbi (sister)Boston, Jake, Wendi(sister) and BaileyDad and Danielle dancing! I think everyone enjoyed the dancing, even the little kids. The Prince Family The Miles Family
So despite all the drama and stress it turned out beautiful. It was so much fun to see family and laugh through the drama together. Danielle has decided to stay in Arizona for the two months while Richie leaves for Boot Camp in September. Hopefully she'll survive!
This was on Richie's Mom's car. I think it sums up the thoughts of both my Mom and his Moms, of finally getting their youngest ones married off!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW!! That was a lot of work you all did!! It looks like it turned out great!

Sara said...

It looks like a really pretty wedding. Glad everything turned out in the end. Can you spell S-T-R-E-S-S! I hope my kids elope to the temple. I'd probably still have to do a reception though. Doh!

jakeanddeana said...

It really turned out beautiful! I bet there is lots of relief to have it done. . .

Staci said...

Haha! I LOVE the "free at last" on the mom's car! Too cute! The wedding looked beautiful!

Liz said...

What's a wedding without a few disasters. I loved being there to help out and your inlaws are awesome. I'm glad you got a picture of her on his shoulders.
The wedding was so gorgeous and I'm glad you posted so many pictures I wanted to see them. They turned out great!!