We spent Labor Day weekend up at the cabin in Williams. The weather was absolutley perfect even with a little rain. We headed out early Saturday morning and first thing Cassidy did when we got there was head straight for the horses!
She's been asking for days to see Tonka, Tears and Brownie. She absolutley loves these horses. It's crazy to see how fearless she is around them. It really makes me nervous sometimes!

Papa teaching Cassidy how to drive the big blue tractor. She only knows one way to drive....in one big big circle!The girls love to wake up and play with their cousins in the front room until all the grown ups finally roll out of bed to make them breakfast.


It was fun to have Aunt Dani up at the cabin with us. She sure misses Uncle Richie. Only 7 more weeks until he is done with boot camp! Brad, Tyler, Stephanie, Lance and Mishaun all brought up their trailer full of toys. Tyler has now joined the dirt bike crew. They had a lot of fun riding all weekend long and probably repairing the bikes more than riding too!
From horse to tractor...to golf cart...and now ready for the quads. Lots of riding for this little two year old!
My cute little bobble headed lovers!
#1 fans, Alicia and the twins enjoying the cool weather outside.
I got some time to actually read a book, plan my latest project....the playroom... and even play Sudoku!
We visited the William ward on Sunday. The ward is small and very friendly. It changes weekly, usually having more visitors than members each week. It's been fun to get to know the ward these past 4 years visiting them a few times a year.After church we came outside and saw the train passing by. Cassidy thought it was pretty neat to hear the whistle and see the steam come out. I had put Cassidy in this cute western dress and boots for church. The Williams ward is probably the only ward that she can wear cowboy boots to church and fit in with the rest of the crowd. I thought it was a perfect photo shoot op on the drive back to the cabin.

These will always be my favorite little cowboy boots. I think I'm going to frame this picture on Cassidy's wall. Jared's Grandpa Cooley used to always call her "Hop-a-long" Cassidy. One day she'll be barrell racing Brownie at the Williams Day Rodeo! I chose her name when she was born because I thought it sounded like a little blonde cowgirl. So far she fits the mold!
I took Cassidy out one morning for a little ride. She loves to hold the reins and feel like she is in charge. Something about riding puts both these girls right to sleep.
McKenzie didn't even make it for her ride before she tuckered out in her Papa's arms. 
Papa saddling up Brownie and Tonka. 
Cassidy loves to feed the horses their tasty oats!

After a quick nap she was up and at em' again ready to ride. I love this little cowgirl too....her pink boots were made for walking, and that's just what she's been doing a lot of lately!The cousins sure enjoy playing on the new swingset that was built last year up at the cabin!
Sunday night tradition is usually to play games with everyone and eat cheese crisps! Always a fun time!

Monday before we left for home we headed downtown to walk through the shops and grab some lunch from our favorite spot "Twisters" right on old Route 66! It is the cutest little 50's diner with delicious burgers and yummy ice-cream.The whole family met up for lunch. McKenzie slurping up her tasty chocolate shake! Such a fun weekend for my little cowgirls!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Labor Day in Williams
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun Heidi...great pictures!!
Glad you guys had a great time! It was fun seeing everyone at church.
Your pictures are beautiful!I especially love the cute cowgirl shots with those adorable boots!
Such cute pictures! I love it. It looks like you guys had a great time!
Those pics are so cute! Cassidy is truly born to be a cowgirl. Where did you get her boots? I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks. We can't wait to go to camp Williams someday. It looks like a blast! Thanks for calling for Boston yesterday. Love you, Sis
Post a Comment