Friday, January 7, 2011

Merrick's Blessing Day

We blessed Merrick on January 2, 2011. It was fun to have my entire family come down to Arizona to be a part of this special day. We would have had all of Jared's family there too but our brother-in-law Lance was recently depolyed with the Marines and training to leave for Iraq. Jared gave Merrick a beautiful blessing. I even got the courage to bear my testimony during sacrament meeting. I am sad to admit that this may be the first time I have ever done that in a sacrament meeting when I wasn't asked to speak first. We enjoyed being surrounded by family all weekend long for the blessing day and to celebrate the New Year. I feel so blessed to be part of a wonderful and supportive family and incredible in-laws who are all active in the Church. The gospel means everything to me. I can't imagine living without it. I am grateful for Merrick and his sweet spirit. I feel so lucky to be his Mother. I am also grateful for this special occasion where I was able to feel the Spirit and reflect on all the joyous blessings my Heavenly Father has given me.

0 comments: