Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Zoo pals

Today I woke up at 4:40 am once again to head to the gym. This is the second week of Launch. It was nice to not have to wake up earlier to figure out what I'm going to teach. I stayed up way too late last night watching Biggest Loser only to find out that the last 1/2 hour didn't record on DVR. Anyone know who got kicked off? I absolutley love this show. It is the only show I watch on TV. I am usually eating a bowl of ice-cream while viewing it, but it's still motivational! My Primary Board meeting got cancelled this afternoon so I decided to take the girls to the Zoo. We bought a year pass last President's Day when my older sister came down to visit. I have 25 more days before it expires so we are getting our use out of it this month! Cassidy was really excited to see the monkeys. She even aborted the Safari Train a little early because she couldn't wait.I think McKenzie had a ball at the zoo. I can't believe how much she is changing lately. She is talking up a storm around the house, mostly babbling still but what a personality she has. She has also learned to bite when she gets mad. Where do these kids learn this? I never had that problem with Cassidy and unfortunatley Cassidy has been the bearer of most bite marks! We're working on that..... I miss Kenzie's rolly polly thighs that are starting to thin out. Why do they have to grow up so fast? I am loving this stage with the girls. They have so much fun together. These poor goats got a rather rough petting from McKenzie and she made sure she got every single one of them. We stayed about 2 hours and then picked up some nuggets and Golden Spoon frozen yogurt on the way home! Delicious! Both girls fall asleep on the car ride home and once again a few hours of peace and quiet.
I was excited to pick up my first box of Green Bee Produce. An amazing and Enlightened Homemaker in our ward is the drop off stop for all the fresh produce. I think I saw half of the ward there picking up there goods today. Cassidy and McKenzie were just as excited when they saw there were strawberries and bananas inside the box. It sure beats fighting all the snowbirds at the Superstition Ranch Market. This was just the perfect amount for our little family of 4. Total cost $12.50 for 12 different fruits and vegetables. Not too shabby........Tonight I have one more class to launch at the gym andJared has school. Work for Jared lately has been interesting. Unfortunatley he has become the bearer of bad news for a lot of business' and home owners with the Bank. He absolutley hates the telephone calls and meetings with the news of forclosing due to outstanding or failed loan payments. If anyone knows Jared you can understand why. Yesterday his boss gave him a hard job. He had to notify a restraunt owner they've been working with for awhile now who has been late on payments (actually for over a year!). Unfortunatley the bank decided to shut down shop immediatley as of yesterday afternoon. The locksmith was scheduled to change the locks this morning. Jared felt bad they couldn't even give them 48 hours. The locksmith shows up while the owners are stripping each of their three restaurants. The police were called and thank goodness Jared had them insured yesterday. Rough day, rough times.... I know Jared wishes he could make both sides happy and show compassion with those who are struggling. I think he is looking forward to graduating soon and moving on!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Heidi I love reading your blog and catching up with your family.
Blurb.com is the only company I know that can publish your blog into a book. My blog has become my journal as well, and I need to be better about it.

You've done a great job.

jakeanddeana said...

Heidi,
My SIL made a book out of her blog with Blurb.com, I have it as a work in progress at my house - it is pretty easy to use and so far I have found it really easy to use. . .if you want to know what I learned with that program let me know.