Monday, February 1, 2010

Just today.....

I am hoping to use this blog as a daily...ok weekly....journal that I can print out each year. Which by the way if anyone knows of any good websites that turn your blog into books, I would greatly appreciate any information. I seem to only post when we actually do something exciting enough to post about. This year I think I would like to make things a little more personal and document the day to day things that happen around our house. Not sure if I should go private on our blog yet but I guess anyone who spends the time to read the boring day to day events around here can't be all that bad right?

Just a snipet of our day today....

Woke up at 7 to make breakfast for the Jared, the girls and Lance. Packed Jared a lunch so he could catch the Lance-mobile (aka my brother in law Lance who has been chauffering him to work daily for the last 2 months!) 8:00 I quickly clean-up the dishes, realizing that I am launching today at the gym and I haven't learned my tracks yet. I throw in my Body Attack 67 DVD and learn the new choreography while the girls are dancing to the crazy music and I am drying dishes doing side flicks. I hurry and throw the girls in the tub while I change. We get dressed and head to the gym at 9:15. The girls get checked into Kid Zone, I throw on my Soccor Jersey for the new theme and sweat like a maniac for the next 60 minutes burning a total of 523 calories in one hour...thank you body bugg. We get home around 11:00 and I make the girls leftovers for lunch then hurry and jump in the shower because I really stink! Once again dress Cassidy our 3 year old stripper who hates wearing clothes. McKenzie meanwhile has fallen asleep in the high chair from all the morning excitement. I lay her down for a nap and send Cassidy out the door for Preschool carpool. Ahhhh 2 1/2 hours of silence....what did I do...cleaned up lunch, threw a load of clothes in the washer, started the dishwasher, scheduled dr appts, checked email, chatted with Jared, made a few other phone calls and read the entire book "I Can't Believe It's Food Storage," all while eating my processed Low Fat Organic Burrito. McKenzie wakes up about 2:15 so I read her a few books and play doll house until Cassidy comes home from preschool. The girls play together while I fold clothes and empty the dishwasher. We decide to take a bike ride around 3:45 to the Preserve to feed the ducks. On our way home we take a new route down the canal and through some new neighborhoods to find a park but Cassidy fell asleep before we got there. We head home and let Cassidy naps while McKenzie and I play with the turtles and swing on the swings. By 5:30 I make dinner for the girls. It's a school night for Jared so we won't see him until 10:30pm. I make spaghetti for Kenzie and I while Cassidy continues to sleep. I'm wondering wether I wake her up or let her sleep the rest of the night. I clean up dinner and McKenzie! We play in the playroom, turn on a movie and I decide to blog for a little bit. Cassidy wakes up at 7:30 ready for dinner. Family Night begins, sing a song, read a scripture, then give up since the girls are not cooperating. We enjoy a yummy ice-cream sandwich anyway and I put McKenzie down for bed. I call my Mom and find out my Dad got a new job managing 60 new home properties and works with one of his old Young Men from Salt Lake, Joel Todd, who does the maintenance for him. Also Grandpa Vandertoolen is getting married Feb 20th.. Whoa! I guess he met a lady at the temple over the holidays and things just clicked. After the shock of the news update, I let Cassidy finish watching Tinkerbell and I finish this post. Time to get ready for bed, set the alarm for 4:50 am to make it to pump in the morning and work on time, that is unless I hit snooze again. Snuggle with Cassidy until Jared gets home from school. Good night! I think I could enjoy a lot more days like this, no errands, playing with the girls, reading books, watching a movie and blogging! This is definatley not a typical day around here....but definatley should be!

0 comments: