Monday, February 22, 2010

Didn't forget about this project....


So you know that big project I started back in oh let's see...September...yeah that beautiful quilt I was so excited to make in a fun little quilting group of friends. Well I atleast bought all my fabric and cut out my flowers over Conference in October. I happened to miss both quilt workshops..sorry Natalie I can't even remember why...biggest slacker of the group! I started sewing my first flower last November and my machine breaks, so I just give up, close up shop and cruise on through the holidays. Santa was even so nice as to bring me a new sewing machine for Christmas that I never even opened until.......today, February 22, 2010. It's been raining on and off all day. I just dropped the preschool carpool off and put McKenzie down for a nap. I look in the corner where the box has been sitting for almost 2 months now, unopened. I decide to dig in, glance through the instructions, wind my bobbin, thread my needle and took off, just like riding a bike. The last quilt I made was 3 1/2 years ago when I found out I was having a baby girl, before then.....the good ole' 4-H days. I started sewing and have been going ever since...with a few breaks here and there, pick up carpool, make sure Cassidy and McKenzie aren't killing eachother (instead they are outside barefoot in the huge rain puddles), I did manage to make a delicious dinner, have family night, banana splits, read the girls some stories and put them in bed by 8:00! I know, unbelievable! Amazing how motivated I can be when I really want to finish something. So needless to say I was able to finish 15 of my 25 flowers and unfortunatley had to close up shop for another couple nights until I get time to finish the rest.I can't believe I waited so long? I'm so excited to finish it and see how it all looks. Luckily this is the week Jared gets off from school. I'm planning to finish most of it this week and all said and done by Easter.I also took some cute pictures of Cassidy after pre-school today. They learned about teeth! I wonder if she even knows that her Mom cleans those big marshmallow looking things inside people's mouths everyday? Yes some peoples teeth do have that gooey marshmallow foamy white stuff all around their teeth too. I thought her little craft was pretty cute. In high hopes of waking up at 4:45 for my monthly appearance in body pump tomorrow, then off to clean some marshmellows and look forward to seeing Mary Poppins with my hubby tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Send some motivation my way! Your quilt looks amazing! Good job! I have some projects that are collecting dust that I keep saying I need to finish!
That was a super cute dental project the kids did!

Liz said...

Way to go picking up the project again, the quilt looks beautiful! I'm glad you and Jared were able to get some alone time, you both deserve it.

Natalie said...

love your quilt girl! i'm so excited you are getting it done! please come to the quilt class next month and show off your progress!

p.s. thx for your loyalty on tues!

Anonymous said...

you are very nice in person but then cyber snub me... doesn't make sense! oh well life goes on...