Monday, November 16, 2009

Note to future self....

This is more a written reminder for me in the future to never have a boutique at my house again! Let's just say I'm so glad the boutique is over! Thank you to all who came! It was a fun time but unless I have something incredibly amazing to sell in the future, I don't think it will be coming back next year. Too much stress and for what you may ask.........well I did get to meet some other amazing boutiquers, enjoyed seeing lots of friends and family, and I didn't have to step outside my house to get first glance of the cutest things around town....ok I guess it wasn't that bad at all now that I've written it all down. It's more that I decided I would much rather go to a boutique then stress about getting people to come to my own! I didn't get pictures but I did snap a picture for a friend who is starting her doll furniture/bedding business who was in the boutique. Some vendors did really well and others looked like they wanted to shoot me cause it was probably a waste of their afternoon. The whole thing turned into a much bigger event than I ever intended and I just need to not take everything personally and expect perfection. Really those words of advice and warning to never do this again came from my dear husband. In the end it was a great learning experience. However that didn't stop me from hitting the big Decor Unique Boutique this past weekend with some fabulous finds. I always love to go and see what the new stuff is and try to figure out how I can make the same things cheaper than to buy them. I think my sewing machine will be coming out to stay a lot more. I realized I'm kinda bored with the home decor...wood, tile, glass, blocks, boards....pretty much anything that can be vinyled stuff! I am branching out in the fashion world.....I absolutley love these boots I got from Bella Soles. Heidi in heels...yes shocking I know!Greatest find were these cute ragdoll skirts for an amazing deal of $10 each. I should have taken pictures with the girls wearing them on Sunday. My favorite was this vintage flower headband! I bought one just so I could figure it out. Anyways many more boutiques to come for the rest of the weekends until Christmas is here. I love this time of year!

and yes I'm still smiling in the end of it all and who we kidding I'm sure there will be another one in the future!

4 comments:

Staci said...

Heidi!!! I'm SOOOOO SORRRYYY you stressed over the boutique! It really did turn out fun & I was excited to see your cute house!

Did you get those boots for having it at your house? I hope you got something out of it...besides stress!!! I LOVE them! And those rag doll skirts you bought are darling!

Thanks for doing it & I think I will take your word & never do one at my house:)

Nicole said...

I would have totally stressed too!! It turned out great! It was so fun to come to!! Next year it can be at my house. :)

Rosies said...

Sounds fun though Heid!! Come on one more year! So I totally make those head bands and I love them. If you go to my craft blog my aunt did a tutorial on them they are super easy my blog is www.rosierosies.blogspot.com I think those are going to be Madi's friends gifts this year. You will die when you see how easy they are.

Sara said...

I didn't even know that was your house! I saw the sign and stopped by. I love looking at botiques. My sister-in-law used to host her own and stopped because it became a hassel trying to keep everyone happy. Great job for putting one together! You had cute stuff there! Huge question for you. I have to sew tulle to a dress to make ruffles by this Saturday. Would you be able to help me out? I have a store bought dress that I already bought, but I am worried I will mess it up. I can only sew crafty things not clothes.