Monday, November 16, 2009

Last Week....

This past week was such a roller coaster for me. Lots of ups and downs. It started Monday with our last day of Launch at the gym. Launch is basically where we do the new choreography in all the fitness classes for two weeks straight. Usually it a big deal and big production and most instructors team up with each others classes to make it more exciting. These are the young girls of the Body Attack crew. They always get way into it with costumes. This was over Halloween weekend! With all the sickness going around I ended up teaming sometimes twice a day! Luckily launch only happens about 4 times a year. I came home Monday physically drained and exhausted! Jared just started his MBA elective classes again which takes up every Saturday from 8-5 now until Christmas and then again after Christmas break. These elective classes are along with him being gone 2 nights a week for his general classes and working full-time. I just stayed home Monday night and cried. I just need to hold on a little longer until he graduates in May. It's almost over! On Tuesday Jared and I went to our Ward Temple night. Sadly it has been a long time since we've gone and I'm still adjusting and trying to fit into the new ward. I recently got called to play piano in Primary about 4 weeks ago. Jared has been teaching Elders Quorum. Inbetween we are both roaming the halls with McKenzie....8 more weeks until Nursery. Thanks again Natalie for the encouragement and Bahama Bucks! Jared had the day off for Veterans Day but I ended up getting the Flu that night. Fevers, aches, chills, sore throat...ugh! I was out of commision for a couple days but luckily no one else got sick. My wonderful Mother-in-law brought me a Jamba Juice and took the girls on Friday so I could have a much needed break! One of the Bishopbric called Saturday morning asking for Jared. After he got out of school Brother Geddes came over to give ME a new calling.......Primary Presidency 2nd Counselor! I definatley didn't see that one coming. I actually even practiced the piano for Primary this week too. In sacrament they sustained me and then moments later resustained me to be Primary 1st Counselor! I didn't agree to that beforehand but I guess I'm stuck! Once again ripped out of my comfort zone and thrown into the work. A new adventure....I guess I can be grateful I'm over Activity Days, the Sacrament Program and Nursery instead of Scouts right? Ahhhh!

6 comments:

Robin said...

oh boy.. don't you love those calling surprises! I CAN imagine how you are feeling right about now. It always takes me a few good weeks to adjust to a calling before I stop stressing and crying! I agree though, I would rather be over activities, nursery and the program than scouts! I am sure it is hard to have Jared gone so much. I am going to come take the girls from you one of these Saturdays, I have youth conference this weekend, but I will call you about the next Saturday.

Marie Lefler said...

Wow, life just doesn't stop does it. I hear ya on all counts, but luckily my calling is pretty easy, music coordinator. I don't think they are planning on a change soon because I am about to have baby No. 3.

Have fun with the calling and good luck! Jason is doing his MBA too, so I feel your pain girl.

Nate&Bobbi said...

Poor Heidi! What a rough week! But you survived! I just got called to be a primary teacher this week. I loved my first day. It was fun! They even sang the "Hello" song. anyway, Hand in there. Love ya

The Olsons said...

That sounds like a lot! New wards, new callings always fun right?! You look great. I didn't know you started teaching at the gym. How fun. I really miss that gym.

Staci said...

You will be GREAT in Primary!!!

Sounds like you need a BREAK though...busy busy week! And sorry you were sick too!:(

Hang in there while Jared is in school...the end is in sight!

Brea said...

Busy, busy, busy! Primary Presidency? Wow how fun! By the way, you look AWESOME! So stinkin Skinny!