This weekend Cassidy and I took off to Salt Lake for a wedding, baby shower and just to get out of the heat! We left Thursday morning and Cassidy did suprisingly ok on the flight. She mostly looked out the window and played with the fold down tray. We got in just in time for my cousin Hollie's temple ceremony. They were married in the Jordan River Temple. The flowers outside were beautiful and the weather was perfect. We had a yummy luncheon and then helped my Mom cater their reception later that night at La Jardin, in Sandy. It was a beautiful greenhouse filled with gorgeous flowers in bloom. They went with a swan theme. Uncle Jonathan make a huge swan ice sculputre and for dessert we made swan eclairs! Yummy! Everything turned out beautiful! By the end of the day I was exhausted! It was so much fun to just be with family all day long!
We went to visit Grandpa and Grandma Vandertoolen every day and would just sit out on the porch swing while Cassidy ran through the yard. Grandpa even took her and Karlie on a tractor ride! My Grandpa is 81 and his health and energy amazes me. Last week he epoxyed his garage floor and fixed my Aunts transmission! He still serves as the patriarch in his stake and takes good care of my Grandma!


5 comments:
That looks like such a blast, Heidi! I'm sad we were out of town, or I'm sure we would have seen you at your Grandpa's house. What an incredible man he is--I love how he made Cassidy giggle! The wedding looks beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Hey, their Baxter looks like our Baxter. No wonder Cassidy likes him so much!
Heidi-Great to see your site. It's darling! Your little Cassidy is a doll. Keep the pics coming. I just started blogging a couple weeks ago. I think I like it..we'll see. I'm a little slow when it comes to this technology stuff. Feel free to visit our site at www.anthonyandnatalie.blogspot.com
Natalie Perry
Looks like you had fun! It looked so cool and green in Utah - I wanna go!
I as sad, like my sis said, that we were out of town. I would have loved to see you all cute and pregnant. You should post a pic, but I know how it is :) I hope all is well, love ya!
Post a Comment