Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!

So to give you the update on the family......

Jared started working for Mesa Bank last July as a Credit Analyst. He really enjoys being out of sales and loves the people he works with. Not to mention he is now excited about eating again, especially the donuts they get twice a week. Thank goodness he has gained 15 pounds since we got married and I lost 10....that is until I got pregnant again. We are working on his admissions for Graduate School. He is applying to the ASU evening program, UofU evening program, and SUU. He took a GMAT course in November but didn't do so well on the test....he got a 480, so he is trying to study a little more and retake it in a couple of weeks. He is still teaching the 6/7 year olds in Primary. He just met his new class today at a Primary Breakfast. They called another returned missionary to partner up with him. Other than that he is watching all the football games constantly on ESPN, I can't wait until they are all over!!!!

As for me, they just called me to be Young Women's 1st Counselor. The new President is Cheri Speth. It will be a big change. I'm actually really nervous! I had always thought it would be so fun to be in Young Women's, but now that I'm in, I'm scared. I'm in charge of the Mia Maids. There are 11 girls. I don't know any of them! Pretty much I'm there for meetings, activities and every 3 months I teach a lesson. Not too bad! I only wish I wasn't due with a baby the week after camp. That would have been a blast....that's when you really get to know the girls!
I started working at Dr. Sandstrom's again. Jonni, the hygienist who took my place after I had Cassidy, just got married and moved to St. George, so Kathy called and I thought I better take it. I quit Dr. Streich/Anastassatos on Wednesdays in Awhautukee and Dr. Hamblin's. One was too far, and Dr. Hamblin's was too slow plus he is dealing with some mental health issues. I'll miss the girls at Hamblin's but I'm sure we'll keep in touch. I feel bad leaving Cassidy that many days but we need to pay off our credit cards and save for this new baby. Nicole Rust watches her one day and she does so well over with her little girls. The other 2 days Brittany Brown in our old neighborhood watches her. She's really sweet and has a little 2 year old girl. I really do enjoy working at Sandstrom's, it is just so different from any other office. I can do my own thing, no rules, no restrictions....other than Kathy, and it doesn't feel like work. It will be nice to earn some money again! For the next few months it will be kinda crazy, but I get so much more accomplished when I'm busy! Not to mention I somehow squeeze in calling for Jared's Dad! Some days I don't mind, other days I stress out trying to get him enough people. I don't dare tell him I don't want to do it, because he is the most generous person I have ever known, and we owe him so much!
As for Cassidy she is the cutest girl in the whole world. I may be bias but she is so stinkin cute! I just love to look at her big blue eyes and her curly blonde hair. She sure has a stubborn personality but I know she will be a go getter. She is cruising all over the place now, I can barely keep up. She loves being around other little kids, and that is why I don't mind her being with Nicole and Brittany. When we are home all day she is so needy and fussy because she gets so bored. I love her little giggle when she gets slap happy at night time and she loves to dance. Next week we are going to start going to the Library for Toddler Time where they read books and play music. I think she will love it!

New Years on the Desert
Jared's sister Alicia and neice Aubry riding Tears and Tonka! The horses hate Thanksgiving & New Year's because they get worked so hard by all the kids. I'm sure they dread it every year and can't wait until they are up at the cabin grazing in the green fields under the sun!

Jared's younger Brother Tyler and his wife Stephanie trying to stay warm! They are both full-time students at ASU and work as Physical Therapy Techs in the same office. They've been married 1 1/2 years now but you'd think they were still newlyweds!

Grandpa getting the bon fire started! It was freezing out there and it was supposed to be in the 70's! Gotta love the Arizona winters. No wonder we can't survive in the snow!

Someone even brought the playground out to the desert this year! Cassidy loved the slide!

Cousin Carson riding Cassidy around in Papa's dump truck we got him for Christmas


My sister-in law Mishaun and her fiance Lance driving Cassidy around on the golf cart. They've known eachother since High School, but didn't start dating until after Lance got off his mission in September. They are planning on getting married at the end of February in the Mesa Temple. We are so excited for them!

5 comments:

The Shumway Family said...

Is that a new years tradition? That looks so fun! Sorry we missed you over Christmas!! We'll have to meet up in St. George sometime!

Julia M. said...

That looks like so much fun! Jared's brother looks a lot like him. I love the picture of him catching Cassidy down the slide--what a perfect picture of fatherhood!!

Alicia said...

Just taking a peek at your blog. It is so cute. Maybe some day Brad will let me do one!

Mandy said...

Hello, we haven't seen you forever and I found you guys from brooke's site. Your family is so adorable. Jason Dunnigan told us you are expecting so congratulations. Hope that all is well. love, mub and mandy

Cherise said...

So when do you find out what you are having??