Monday, December 27, 2010

The Nativity

The Sunday before Christmas we enjoyed dinner with Jared's family. Afterwards we held the annual live Nativity. This year Jared and I got to play Joseph and Mary with Merrick as Baby Jesus. Cassidy chose to be an angel and McKenzie decided to not dress up at all!Grandma Cooley was the narrator this year! It sure makes it a lot of fun with all of Abu's neat costumes. As much as I hate dressing up and acting, I think reading and acting out the story of the Saviors birth is a great reminder of who we really celebrate this Christmas season. I'm glad it is a special tradition that Jared's family does each year!

3 comments:

Nelson said...

It was nice to have someone else be Mary and Joseph this year. And what is up with my wiseman costume? I knew it looked bad, but yikes!

Liz said...

Those costumes looked amazing.

Unknown said...

I love all the picture books! Such a great idea. And where did you get your blog book made?