Friday night I threw Jared a surprise party! It was his first ever surprise party, not to mention it was a softball/birthday party.
I thought he found out my plans when he read a text on my phone from his buddy at work who I don't even really know, but was going to invite him to come. I said he ruined everything and normally I would spill the beans but I just blew it off and kept the secret. Friday rolls around and we talk about what we want to do later that night....get a sitter, dinner, movie, the usual. Conversation goes as follows...Heidi: Hey the ward is having sport's night co-ed softball, ya wanna go? Jared: Maybe, but not if there is only 4 of 5 couples like there usually are. Heidi: How about if I check it out on the way home and I'll call you.... 5 minutes later. There's quite a few couples down here. Grab my cleats and come down, they are playing at 6:30. Jared: Ok I'll be there. 30 minutes later....... Heidi: Jared where are you? (TV- sports channel on in background.)Jared: I'm just leaving. Heidi: Hurry up!20 minutes later he shows up! Gotta love my lover, easily sidetracked by ESPN! Late for his own party, but he was totally surprised! We had so much fun with all his family, friends, singles ward friends, Team Huso friends! Good times.
After some pizza and a pathetic attempt to blow out his birthday cake, they finally got a game of softball going.
BFF's.... these two can't get enough of each-other!
The kids loved the bounce house! McKenzie was a sticky mess and total ragamuffin by the end of the night.

No more coed teams with all these babies! We are now the fans! 


It was such a fun night and are so grateful to have so many fun friends! Thanks for coming....we'll have to do this again soon. Sunday we celebrated his birthday again at his parents house for dinner. His Mom made a yummy mint chocolate chip ice-cream cake for dessert!
Probably so he could work on blowing out his candles a little better. This time he had plenty of help! Third time's a charm!
Talk about celebrating all week long! He's only 29! Hopefully he doesn't think it gets any better than this next year!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
More Surprises!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How fun! What a good wife you are - surprises and all! Happy Birthday Jared!
Sounds fun! Happy B-day!
What a great idea Heidi! Good thing you didn't blow it! And that's hilarious how late he was!
Happy Birthday Jared!
Ok best idea ever Heidi! Wow how stinkin fun is that???
Post a Comment