This year I got to go to Girl's Camp! Last year I missed out since I was due with McKenzie the week our ward went, so I was excited to go this year with the Young Women. We have an amazing ward! We had 38 girls and 6 leaders up there and we had a blast! 
Our Stake Theme was "Believe In Me." Sister Cavanee wrote a special song for the theme this year and we were able to practice and sing it all during camp and to our bishops and Stake Presidency when they came up. The Stake Young Womens Presidency challenged us to "Pray, Read our Scriptures for atleast 5 minutes daily, and SMILE."
The best part of camp for me was the hike. We had the girls carry these jugs that were we labeled with a number filled with different amounts of water. Some were completley full and some were empty, but the girls had to carry these along the hike with them.
Do you believe that we can lift a girl up with just yarn?
At the end of the hike we told the girls about Christ and how he washed the disciples feet. We told them the jugs of water were like burdens they had to carry. Some girls needed help holding theirs along the hike and we used this water to wash the girls feet at the end.
I was a cabin Mom to these 4 spunky 1st years and our 3 YCL leaders!
Gotta love Caper duty! When we're helping we're happy and we sing as we go!
Craft time was a lot of fun... We made these cute blocks with our scripture printed on them and adorable photo books to put pictures in from camp.
Ride that Pony! One of our Priesthood Brother Biggs compared girls camp to a Broadway musical.....Lot of singing, dancing, and crying for an entire week! So very true!!
Yes even the leaders had fun with the activities. Let's just say I wasn't the greatest on these stilts!
The traditional water fight when the 4th years come back to camp on the last day....Notice the leaders aren't drenching the 4th years though, they are drenching each other!
The last day all the Bishopbric come up for the day. We play games, have a nice dinner, do a fun bishops game program and end with a testimony meeting.
Another water balloon activity....ending in a huge water balloon fight against Bishop Burnham
The girls made up this awesome lip sync to "We got the Beat!" They performed it the first night and then again for the Bishopric.
The Stake Presidency promised the girls last year they would "Bust a Move!". We were all dying when they put on their beanies and flawlessly performed this hysterical dance routine that was completley choreographed and everything! So fun to see these great men break it down and let the girls know they are approachable and full of love for them.
Testimony meeting is always amazing. Each girl didn't hesitate to share and it is a wonderful feeling to bear and strenghthen my own testimony from listening to each of their. These girls are amazing and I have never been in a ward where all the girls get a long so well and love eachother. It was so much fun and I felt the spirit, strengthened my own testimony and returned back home a little better!
6 comments:
Looks like you had so much fun! The Stake Presidency looks like it was a riot! Glad you had a good time!
Looks like fun times! I can't wait for Megan to join in the fun! 3 and a half more years! I love your family picture too. Was it at the temple? Who took it? Looks great!
Heidi... how fun! I miss girls camp! Thanks for posting all those pictures. And especially going back as a leader instead of a girl. How neat... :)
It looks like you had a fun time! Great pictures too. It makes me miss girls camp - I kinda' want to go back!
what a fitting calling for you heidi:) HOW FREAKIN FUN!!!! i am sure all those girls just LOVE YOU!!! best example ever:) ha ha ha..hope you're doing great!!!
Good times. Hey... am I going to come back to bunco parties or are those pretty much over.. :(
Post a Comment