"the Durango Ward version of the Broadway play "WICKED"
We had our New Beginnings Program this February. It is a program where they introduce the new Beehives to Young Women's and go over the Personal Progress Program. Our Young Women's President had done a skit in the past and she tweaked it a little to fit this years theme: "Example of the Believers in word in converstation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." The girls did amazing memorizing their lines. We had a few musical numbers and all the Young Women learned a song they sang at the end. I unfortunatley was out of town when they had the first planning meeting and was assigned to be "Glinda the Good Leader." Luckily I found my costume the afternoon before the program and memorized my lines while I was getting ready. The program was so fun and I know the girls will always remember this night!
"Hi I'm Glinda the Good Leader.... I'm here to make your path a little easier!" I sent Dorothy on her way with some scriptures, her Personal Progress book and some shiny red shoes I found from Savers. I even had to flit across the stage. Luckily I didn't trip over my huge dress or pass out cause it was so tight (did I mention it took about 4 people to zip me up in this thing.... so not fair to make the Mom who just had a baby 6 months ago fit back into an old High School Prom dress!!!! Lesson learned...I will never miss another meeting again!)
So my tin woman costume creation was pretty bad but you get the picture right?
Dorothy dusting off her old Personal Progress book and scriptures to help her along the way to the Temple.
Dorothy with her friends Scarecrow, Tin Woman, and Lion on the yellow brick road leading them to the temple. 
For refreshments we had a chocolate and carmel fountain with so many yummy things to dip!
1 comments:
What a fabulous idea and you look great! in your costume. Those young women are lucky to have leaders such as you.
Ps: we had such a good time this weekend and we didn't know about Paula being prego until this weekend too.
Post a Comment