Monday, December 22, 2008

Cooley Christmas Party

So I am finally getting around to updating our blog. I luckily was able to postpone jury duty for another couple months so I didn't have to go in to day. Driving school last weekend wasn't too bad either. It was a pretty good refresher course and it was only 4 1/2 hours! This was supposed to be an attempt of a Christmas Card picture...didn't quite happen this year. Maybe we'll get something out by New Year's!I think Cassidy understands more about Christmas which has been so much fun. We have seen Santa Claus atleast 5 or 6 times already. She knows the routine now...all I have to do is sit on his lap and I get a treat! But not even treats are working with potty training right now! Cassidy is talking up a storm lately. It is so fun to her her cute little voice say these grown up sentences!McKenzie has been such a snuggle bug lately. Everyday I swear she has just one more roll on her chubby little thighs. At her 4 month appointment she weighed in at 18 pounds! In a few more months she might just pass up Cassidy! She's finally getting over her cough and sleeps through the night again!
We had the annual Cooley Christmas Party at the Eldon & Elona Cooley Ballroom at ASU East. Santa Claus came to visit the kids and brought goodies! Cassidy was too excited to wait for her present and was front and center at Santa's feet.Cassidy was sure excited about her huge Candy Cane and was the stickiest mess by the end of the night.We all look forward to Grandma Cooley's box of homemade chocolates, along with a one night stay at the Marriott Suites in Scottsdale! This past weekend we booked our room Friday night. Jared's parents took the girls overnight for a slumber party and we headed out after our softball tournament. We stopped at Oregano's for an appetizer and took some pazookie's to go. We didn't even check in until almost 11 pm. Our plan was to wake up early the next day and get some Christmas shopping done! Somehow we ended up sleeping in until 10 am and both of our eyes were swollen shut! We thought we must have had a severe allergic reaction to the down pillows or something they treat the sheets with. We contracted a nasty eye infection that lasted an entire week! Poor Jared barely made it through his finals! Luckily the girls didn't get it and we can enjoy the rest of Christmas this week! From now on we will be bringing our own pillows to the hotel!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I can't believe the huge parties your family has for all the holidays! I must say I am a bit jealous...
Glad your eyes can open again, whodathunk? Sounds like fun anyway...

Nelson Family said...

Crazy story about the pillows, and that's at a nice hotel. Yuck. I have thought about you alot lately. It was fun to see a new post so I could see how you are doing! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!