A week full of 3 little princesses...Since Jared started his evening MBA program, the girls and I have been so bored at night. We decided to go up to St. George and visit my family, especially since most of them haven't even seen McKenzie yet. My Dad got to see McKenzie for the first time. We decided she kinda looks like him and my youngest sister Danielle.
Dad ended up going up to Salt Lake for an eye appointment. The doctor told him he has lost complete eyesight in his right eye and has about 20%vision in his left eye from his Diabetes. He's been getting along pretty well. It's a hard thing to watch a parent slowly go blind. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to not see. The doctors are going to do surgery on both eyes in the next few weeks to prolong some vision for atleast the next 3-4 years.
My grandparents drove down from Salt Lake for my Mom's Birthday. We spent the entire day with them! I think we wore them out! I know I sure was! We took the girls to the park, got ice-cream cones, watched movies and had a blast. My grandpa turned 81 this year and still gives the kids piggy back rides and under doggies!
My Grandma couldn't get enough of McKenzie. She just loved to hold her. My grandma has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Most of the time she does really well, but the last two times they have come to visit, they have ended up going home early. She gets physically sick when she doesn't know where she is. She's really funny about her Alzheimer's. She'll say "I had a great time today... I won't remember what I did tomorrow, but I had a great time"! We are so glad we got to see them this trip. They took my parents down to a buffet in Mesquite for my Mom's birthday.
The girls and I stayed at Wendi's house to help her out with Bailey. She was due with her baby Sept 20th but we are so glad he decided to come on Friday the 12th right before we left for home. Needless to say Wendi decided to keep working up to the last day. She manages the new Washington City Recreation Center. What an awesome place! We spent a lot of time over there swimming, dance lessons, gymnastics and dropping Bailey off at pre-school. I now know what it is like to have 3 kids under the age of 3! Thank goodness my little sister Dani took work off to come play and even babysit while I took my annual shopping trip to Tai Pan! Here are some of our fun pictures for the week!
Lunchtime favorite Wendy's chicken nuggets!
Our next Shawn Johnson...... Bailey can already do a front flip on the trampoline!
Bailey had her first ballet and tap class. Cassidy just had to join in on the funWe even had arts and crafts time! The girls enjoyed painting and I made Bailey a cute purple princess Halloween Costume!
McKenzie went swimming for the first time and absolutley loved it!

2 comments:
That was so fun to read and check up on how you guys are doing. I'm jelous that you are able to go see family and hang out with your sisters. Your girls are just adorable and I love that costume. cute, cute, cute. Nikki
I am glad that you were able to spend some quality time with your family and that you were there when your nephew was born. Your grandma's comments are funny. I am glad she can have a good attitude about the alzheimers. Sorry to hear about your dad's eyesight. That would be difficult to watch my dad go blind. I hope the surgery prolongs his sight. Lets get together soon! p.s. we are planning another halloween party..
Post a Comment